Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 26 results Archival description

21 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Keuffel and Esser Level

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-13-05
  • Item
  • c. 1925

A Keuffel & Esser level that was used for activities such as surveying. It was originally owned by Professor William H. Day, who was integral to the Holland Marsh Drainage Scheme's beginnings. The survey of the marsh determined the elevation of t...

Professor William H. Day

Storage Box for Professor Day's Level

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-13-05-2018-08-13-06
  • Part
  • c. 1925

Ae box for an instrument, a Keuffel & Esser level. Part of a collection of Professor William H. Day's work equipment, donated by Joe Saint. Both the case and level were originally owned by Professor William H. Day, who was integral to the Hollan...

Professor William H. Day

21 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-22
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 21 Holland St. West is part of what is known as the Evans Block. The building was raised and Len Saint added a cellar and a foundation. The work was done by Mac Campbell and his team of carpenters. T.W.W. Evans had the bui...

Janice Hopkins

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02
  • Item
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Part
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

2 Holland Street East - The Village Inn

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The Village Inn is located at 2 Holland St. East (on the corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets). There had been a hotel located at this site before the great fire of 1871. The building in this photo (1995) was built in 1920 in the Ontario Vernacula...

Nancy Smith

11 and 13 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-05
  • Item
  • 1995

There was a vacant lot located at 11 Holland St. East after the big fire of 1871. Dennis Nolan built an addition to his Model T Ford dealership (located at 9 Holland St. E.) on this vacant lot. Len Saint used cement to build the new structure and ...

Joe Saint

36 and 38 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey, frame building located at 36 Holland St. East was clad in cement in 1927 by Len Saint. Miss Sarah McDonnell, accompanied by her sister, ran a boarding house here. The frame building located at 38 and 40 Holland St. East was bought ...

Janice Hopkins

89 Holland Street East - Saint/Marks House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-04
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey, frame house located at 89 Holland St. East was the home of Tom and Mary (Harman) Saint for many years. The structure was moved across the river to this site from the Thompson Smith Saw Mill (at Amsterdam) after it closed. A crawl s...

Janice Hopkins

Results 1 to 10 of 26