Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 135 results Archival description

135 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Morton House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3215
  • Item
  • 1978

Known as the George Morton House. Built between 1860 and 1880.

Dorothy Cilipka

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3234
  • Item
  • 1968

This home is located on the corner of Church and Queen St. It is an early Gothic style house with gingerbreading on the eves. It was made of a rare pink brick, possibly created in Newmarket. The house was built in 1850 by Mark Scanlon, a lawyer,...

Dorothy Cilipka

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3235
  • Item
  • 1983

"The Pines" a few years later. It is still well maintained.

Dorothy Cilipka

Samuel Luke's House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3239
  • Item

This building was built in 1876 by John Maclean Stevenson, a lawyer and reeve of Bradford from 1871-1877. It was sold to the Lukes Family in 1910, who owned and operated the Bradford Flouring Mill since 1878, which was one of the best equipped mil...

Nellie Sue's House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3260
  • Item
  • 1978

Nellie Sue had an antique and collectibles shop here on Holland Street. Before this it was a private home. The house has since been demolished.

Dorothy Cilipka

Stoddart/Ritchie House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3261
  • Item
  • 1850

Description : See "Davis Stoddart / Frank Ritchie farm house" for more information on the home.

Dorothy Cilipka

Dr. McMichael's

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3675
  • Item
  • 1978

House of Dr. McMichael

Dorothy Cilipka

William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3680
  • Item
  • 1978

Located on the corner of Church and Frederick Streets. Built around 1850. The Gingerbreading fretwork on the roof was a common architectural detail of this time.

Dorothy Cilipka

Results 1 to 10 of 135