Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 217 results Archivistische beschrijving

216 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • Bestanddeel
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

65 and 67 Holland Street West - Standard Bank

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-01
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Standard Bank is located at 65 and 67 Holland St. West. It was built in the Romanesque Revival style around 1860-1900. O.M. Seim, previous owner of the Bradford Witness newspaper (1916-1932), and his family (Gordon, Ken, Marjorie, Maurice and ...

Nancy Smith

103 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-16
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located at 103 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

96 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-05-19
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located on the south side at 96 John St. West. It was considered to be “new” when this photo was taken in 1995. Many years previously, this property was owned by Bill and Mae Fuller. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

56 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-03
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 56 Barrie St. was built around 1936. It was once the home of Dr. Sinclair. (1)

Janice Hopkins

60 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the west side at 60 Barrie St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a symmetrical façade, a square plan, and a centre hall. A box hall was typical for t...

Nancy Smith

60 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-05-2017-03-08-06
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the west side at 60 Barrie St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a symmetrical façade, a square plan, and a centre hall. A box hall was typical for t...

Nancy Smith

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

Resultaten 1 tot 10 van 217