Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 28 results Archival description

28 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

The Village Inn

  • LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-12-23-09
  • Item
  • 1989-1991

Photograph of the Village Inn Hotel on the southeast corner of Holland Street and Simcoe Road. The Village Inn exterior was renovated in the 2000s, and has been in operation since the early 1900s.

Thompson's Hardware Ltd.

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-12-23-07
  • Item
  • 1989-1991

Photograph of the remains of the Thompson's Hardware business sign. See Related Descriptions to see the business in the early 1900s.

Flowers ruined

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 75-PH26985
  • Item
  • 1975-05-28

"This was the scene in a greenhouse operated by Ferragine Brothers on Simcoe Road. They estimate their losses in flowers and stock at between $20-30,000. Mud and water, 10 inches deep, swept through the greenhouse."

C.E. Jackson

The flower man

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76-PH26922
  • Item
  • 1976-08-11

"The bounciest petunias and the most colourful marigolds on Simcoe Rd. are in the Van Der Hulst family garden. They grow 150,000 boxes of bedding plants each spring in the greenhouses behind their home so they have an advantage over their neighbou...

Bradford Witness

218 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-16
  • Item
  • 1995

This two-storey structure is located at 218 Simcoe Road. It is the fourth house on the west side (south of the “Y” in Simcoe Road). Robert Stewart, his wife, and family lived here many years ago. His son George, who married Ethel Waldruff, played ...

Janice Hopkins

52 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 52 Simcoe Road was built post-1900 (1902?) in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The house, which is larger than other older cottages of a similar style in Bradford, was built on property owned by Charles Adams. Or...

Nancy Smith

41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....

Nancy Smith

Peterman Dairy Farm Cows

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-Peterm-OS8872
  • Item

Photograph of the cows on the Peterman Dairy Farm.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

27 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
  • Item
  • 1995

Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...

Janice Hopkins

78 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-13
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 78 Simcoe Road was once the home of Bob Root, his wife Sarah, and children (Bill and Mildred). The family moved here from Newton Robinson many years ago. He was a pump maker and a repairman. Howard Robson, Evelyn, ...

Janice Hopkins

Results 1 to 10 of 28