- CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76/77/78-PH26746
"Clarence Ritchie (left) of 69 Frederick Street, Bradford, accepts tickets for a trip for two to Mexico from Lawrence de Peuter, owner of DePeuter Interiors. Mr. Ritchie and his wife were the winners in the third annual draw sponsored by DePeuter ...
Convent demolition to start this week
- CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH26598
"Demolition of the old convent on Barrie Street was scheduled to begin this week. The site, north of Frederick Street, will be the home of a new multi-service facility. When it's done in March 1995, it will be 15,000 square feet in size and will a...
Hunt, George Edward & Jaques, Betty Ann
- CA BWGPL VS-1900-21003
Event Date : Saturday, May 22, 1965
Event Type : Marriage
Description : Betty Ann, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Jaques, R.R. 2, Newmarket, to George Edward Hunt of Bradford, son of Mrs. Hunt of Bradford and the late Mr. Albert Hunt. The marria...
81 Frederick Street - The Anglican Church Manse
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-02
The former Anglican Church Manse is located at 81 Frederick St. (on the northeast corner of Church and Frederick Streets). The structure was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. The two-storey, rectangular building has a medium-pi...
28 Letitia Street
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-05
This house is located at 28 Letitia Street. The street was named after Letitia Magee, the founder of the original subdivision in Bradford in the 1830’s. The name was later changed to Frederick St. to avoid confusion during emergency calls. This bu...
63 Frederick Street - The Dougald MacDonald House
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-10-2017-03-21-11
The Dougald MacDonald House is located mid-block at 63 Frederick Street. The house was built pre-1900 (around 1882) in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was built by George (Geordy) MacDonald, a bachelor, stone mason, and contractor who emi...
Roman Catholic Church
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-03-27-46
The article accompanying this photograph gives a quick history of the Roman Catholic Church, which was located on the corner of Moore and Frederick Streets. It was built in 1862. The officiating priest was Rev. Father Whitney in 1906.
155 Frederick Street
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-07
This house is located on the north side at 155 Frederick St. (west of Essa Street). This small structure was the home of Milt Bales for many years. (1, 2)
151 Frederick Street
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-06
This house is located on the north side at 151 Frederick St. (west of Essa Street). (1, 2)
117 Frederick Street
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-05
This house located at 117 Frederick St. was once the home of Jack Barnard. By 1995, this structure was the home of Bill and Terry Lotto. (1, 2)