Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 20 resultados Descrição arquivística

20 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Flowers ruined

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 75-PH26985
  • Item
  • 1975-05-28

"This was the scene in a greenhouse operated by Ferragine Brothers on Simcoe Road. They estimate their losses in flowers and stock at between $20-30,000. Mud and water, 10 inches deep, swept through the greenhouse."

C.E. Jackson

The flower man

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76-PH26922
  • Item
  • 1976-08-11

"The bounciest petunias and the most colourful marigolds on Simcoe Rd. are in the Van Der Hulst family garden. They grow 150,000 boxes of bedding plants each spring in the greenhouses behind their home so they have an advantage over their neighbou...

Bradford Witness

218 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-16
  • Item
  • 1995

This two-storey structure is located at 218 Simcoe Road. It is the fourth house on the west side (south of the “Y” in Simcoe Road). Robert Stewart, his wife, and family lived here many years ago. His son George, who married Ethel Waldruff, played ...

Janice Hopkins

52 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 52 Simcoe Road was built post-1900 (1902?) in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The house, which is larger than other older cottages of a similar style in Bradford, was built on property owned by Charles Adams. Or...

Nancy Smith

41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....

Nancy Smith

27 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
  • Item
  • 1995

Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...

Janice Hopkins

78 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-13
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 78 Simcoe Road was once the home of Bob Root, his wife Sarah, and children (Bill and Mildred). The family moved here from Newton Robinson many years ago. He was a pump maker and a repairman. Howard Robson, Evelyn, ...

Janice Hopkins

319 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-18
  • Item
  • 1995

The large, two-sorey structure located on the east side at 319 Simcoe Road was the home of George Peterman, his wife Sarah (Leopard) and his children (Ernest, Melville, Gurnard, Bertrand, Ila, Norma and Doris) many years ago. He bought Lowery farm...

Janice Hopkins

223 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-17
  • Item
  • 1995

This two-storey, frame and cement-clad house is located south of the “Y” at 223 Simcoe Road. Mr. Bruce bought this house and the land (which extended south to the town limits and over the canal) many years ago. A marsh laneway ran east and there w...

Janice Hopkins

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 1 a 10 de 20