Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 385 results Archival description

385 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

25 year pins

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76/77/78-PH26762
  • Item
  • 1977-12-14

"Several members of the Imperial Order of Daughters of Empire (IODE) received their 25 year pins from regent Mrs. Lylia Culbert. From the left, Mrs. W.G. Bateman, Mrs. N.E. Collings, Mrs. Margaret Fallis, Mrs. Alec Spence, Mrs. Robert Veale, Mrs. ...

George Jackson

179 attend May rally of Presbyterian WMS

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 77-PH26842
  • Item
  • 2015-05-06

"The May Rally of the Barrie Presbyterian Women's Missionary Society held at the First Presbyterian Church, Collingwood, was attended by about 179 women. President Mrs. Forrest McKee, Collingwood, led using 'Let Your Light Shine' as her theme. The...

George Jackson

10 and 12 Holland Street West - Compton's IGA

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 10 and 12 Holland St. West was built in the Ontario Vernacular style around 1872-1899. The two-storey, commercial, detached ‘row’ building had a narrow rectangular plan with an asymmetrical organization. ‘Main str...

Nancy Smith

103 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-16
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 103 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

64 James Street

  • GJ-HB-2017-04-01-13
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 64 James St. was considered to be new when this photo was taken in 1995. The area behind the house was once used for lawn bowling. (1)

Janice Hopkins

Hughes retires from roads

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76-PH26894
  • Item
  • 1976

"West Gwillimbury Road Superintendent, Grenville Hughes, 68, resigned last week, after 14 years of service with the council staff. Reeve Orville Hughes accepted the resignation, thanked the road superintendent on behalf of the council for all his ...

Bradford Witness

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Item
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Item
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

Getting present

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76-PH26883
  • Item
  • 1976-01-28

"Former Bradford Fire Chief Ted Gapp received a present from West Gwillimbury Reeve Orville Hughes at Saturday's party. Gapp also served the township."

Bradford Witness

Food? Yes indeed with Davis, displays and dancing to boot

  • GJ-SB 75-PH27019
  • Item
  • 1975-07-16

"It's Bradford Salad Festival Time! Already, the rides for the kids have been set up on the parking lot in front of the community centre, and youngsters are lining up to get on them. The rides aren't going to be the only thing for the children, ho...

Bradford Witness

Results 11 to 20 of 385