Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 135 results Archivistische beschrijving

135 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

96 Barrie Street - The Methodist Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-05-2017-03-10-06
  • Deel
  • 1995

The Methodist Manse is located at 96 Barrie St. on the southwest corner of Barrie and Frederick (formerly known as Letitia) Streets. It was built around 1885 in the neoclassical style. The building was used as the Methodist Manse until 1970. It la...

Nancy Smith

10 Joseph Street (72 Barrie Street) - Dr. Blackwell's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-01-2017-03-10-02
  • Deel
  • 1996

Dr. Gilbert Blackwell’s House is located on the southwest corner of Barrie and Joseph Streets at 72 Barrie Street. His office faced Joseph Street. The structure was built in 1935 by builder Art Saint in the Arts and Crafts style. The simple form h...

Nancy Smith

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09-2017-03-08-10
  • Deel
  • 1996

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

60 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-05-2017-03-08-06
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the west side at 60 Barrie St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a symmetrical façade, a square plan, and a centre hall. A box hall was typical for t...

Nancy Smith

111 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located at 111 Barrie St. was owned many years ago by Minnie (Spence) Hammel. It was rented to Alec and Mary Spence and Betty. When this house was built (before WWI), a wooden tank with a zinc liner was erected in the floored attic. Wate...

Joe Saint

123 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-04
  • Stuk
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 123 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. The house was built in the Edwa...

Janice Hopkins

Mrs. Andrew (Mary) Thompson's House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-03-27-49
  • Stuk
  • 1906

The article accompanying this photograph gives a brief biography of Mrs. Andrew (Mary) Thompson and a photograph of their store. Andrew Thompson ran Thompson's Hardware on the southwest corner of Holland Street and Simcoe Road. The store was forme...

Edmund Garrett

H. Hulse House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-03-27-31
  • Stuk
  • 1906

The article accompanying this photograph gives a brief biography of Harry Hulse, a drover and farmer of Bradford, and it provides a picture of his residence.

Edmund Garrett

Dr. Lewis H. Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-03-27-24
  • Stuk
  • 1906

The article accompanying this photograph gives a brief biography of Dr. Lewis H. Campbell, providing a picture of him and of his residence.

Edmund Garrett

138 Hurd Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-15
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The house located at 138 Hurd St. (on the southeast corner of Hurd and Essa Streets) was built in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style around 1860-90. It was the home of Howard Bowser many years ago. He worked for Dennis Nolan. The one-storey, thr...

Nancy Smith

Resultaten 51 tot 60 van 135