Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 6 results Archival description

Only digital objects

Cook, Fred C. Summary

  • CA BWGPL OH-Cook-Cook Summary
  • Item
  • 1974-02-13

Summary of an interview with Fred C. Cook. The interviewers are Jack Coleman and Peter Moran. Fred discusses the history of his family and the area. See the Related Descriptions below for audio.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Cook, Fred C. Audio

  • CA BWGPL OH-Cook-Cook Audio
  • Item
  • 1974-02-13

Audio of an interview with Fred C. Cook. The interviewers are Jack Coleman and Peter Moran. Fred discusses the history of his family and the area. See the Related Descriptions below for summary.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

10 and 12 Holland Street West - Compton's IGA

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 10 and 12 Holland St. West was built in the Ontario Vernacular style around 1872-1899. The two-storey, commercial, detached ‘row’ building had a narrow rectangular plan with an asymmetrical organization. ‘Main str...

Nancy Smith

75 Queen Street - Fred C. Cook Senior Public School

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-18-12
  • Item
  • 1996

The Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School is located at 75 Queen Street. It is not the original building to be found on this site. That structure was a small, two-room, grammar school from Bond Head that was loaded onto a sled and pulled by horses...

Nancy Smith

65 Moore Street - The John Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The John Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 65 Moore Street. It is set well back and was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The building was owned by the Cook family for many years. Originally, a series of sheds ran al...

Nancy Smith

1 and 3 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 1 Holland St. East (on the northeast corner of Holland and Barrie Streets) is part of what is known as the Green Block. The structure was originally owned by Mr. Green, who lived with his family on the west side of Church S...

Janice Hopkins