Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 98 resultados Descrição arquivística

Only digital objects

Thompson Fisher House and Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School

  • LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-12-23-08
  • Item
  • 1989-1991

Photograph of the Thompson Fisher House with the previous Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School/ Bradford High School in the background. The Thompson Fisher House was built in the 1880s. Thompson Fisher was an insurance agent in Barrie and Allisto...

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Item
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

Another landmark house in BWG at risk?

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Arti-2017-05-09-02
  • Item
  • 2008-07-24

Article about the history of the Phillips-Stoddart mud brick house, built circa 1837.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times

79 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-16
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 79 John St. East was built around 1860-1890’s in the Gothic Revival style. Originally, there was a shed and garage attached to the house at the rear and a vacant lot on the east side. This building was the home ...

Nancy Smith

Buildings & Architecure L-Z

  • CA BWGPL JS-Vol3-JSC-v3-1620
  • Item

Contains articles and clippings related to the buildings and architecture of Bradford West Gwillimbury, from L-Z

Joe Saint

61 John Street East - Vic Turner House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 61 John St. East was built on what was originally the west lot of Miss Hayes’ property. It was built in 1949 by Vic Turner. He was a retired farmer from the Scotch Settlement. The structure became the home of Vic and his wife ...

Janice Hopkins

81 Frederick Street - The Anglican Church Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-02
  • Item
  • 1996

The former Anglican Church Manse is located at 81 Frederick St. (on the northeast corner of Church and Frederick Streets). The structure was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. The two-storey, rectangular building has a medium-pi...

Nancy Smith

33 Colborne Street - The Dan Collings House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-19
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dan Collings House is located mid-block at 33 Colborne Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880’s. There were once barns (for animals and equipment as well as for marsh hay) on the property. It was the original home of Dan ...

Nancy Smith

107 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building on the north side at 107 John St. East was built around the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The main house was moved to this site from the saw mill in Amsterdam during the early 1900’s. It was the home of Arthur ...

Nancy Smith

78 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 78 John St. East was built by George Saint in 1900. The two-storey, frame house had a kitchen at the rear. When George moved to Toronto (around 1916), it became the home of Miss Minnie Parkhill for many years. She finally ...

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 1 a 10 de 98