Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 288 results Archival description

283 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • File
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins

Ellens Family

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-PH19359
  • Item

Gordon, Trudy, Frances, and Auke Ellens in front of their home in the Holland Marsh. They are standing beside their cookstove, which was used outside the house until the chimney was installed (the chimney pictured was newly installed). Auke Ellens...

Addy Ellens

Swan, Miriam Transcript

  • CA BWGPL OH-Swan-Swan
  • Part
  • 1994-11-11

Transcript of the interview with Miriam Swan, conducted by Joe Saint.

Miriam Swan

Swan, Miriam MP3

  • CA BWGPL OH-Swan
  • Item
  • 1994-11-11

An interview with Miriam Swan by Joe Saint. They discuss the Jeff's Homestead, which is Miriam's home, and the Strafford's home.

Miriam Swan

Lukes' house / Convent

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH268
  • Item
  • 1930

This was the home of Sam and Gilbert Lukes. It was originally built by John MacLean Stevenson in 1876. It was sold, first to Robert Bingham in 1877, then to James Boddy in 1894(?) who named it "Fairview". Later, after a number of other sales, it ...

Lewis Campbell

Thompson Fisher House and Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School

  • LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-12-23-08
  • Item
  • 1989-1991

Photograph of the Thompson Fisher House with the previous Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School/ Bradford High School in the background. The Thompson Fisher House was built in the 1880s. Thompson Fisher was an insurance agent in Barrie and Allisto...

Dr. Lewis Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-11-09-12
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

This is the house of Dr. Lewis Campbell at 33 John St. East. It was built in 1900, and many of the details within the house are still original. A roof skylight, balcony infill above the porch, and the entrance stairs and railing have all been modi...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

The Pines - side view

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-12
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

View of The Pines, a stately home built by Mark Scanlon in 1850 on the corner of Church and Queen Streets. Viewing from Queen Street

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Small Most Attractive Home Trophy

  • CA BWGPL AR-2019-02-01-09
  • Item
  • c. 1924

A metal and wood trophy. The trophy's engraved with: "Bradford Board of Trade Trophy Most Attractive Home in Bradford"

Bradford Board of Trade

43 John Street East - The William Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-04-08
  • Item
  • 1996

The William Campbell House is located mid-block on the north side at 43 John Street East. It was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. This structure was once the home of William H. Campbell Sr. (a grain merchant) and his wife Bessie (Sut...

Nancy Smith

Results 1 to 10 of 288