Showing 347 results

Archival description
Business
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

322 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Saga of Achievements

Pedlar People Ltd; donated by Elsie Curry.
A booklet that describes the company history, the milestones and people involved along the way.
Also includes the contemporary list of employees and board members; the time being some point in the 1950s.
-note in the back explaining that her father-in-law dealt with them for business.

Pedlar People Ltd

Shephard & Morse Lumber Company Tin

This is a small tin container, engraved with "Shephard & Morse Lumber Co/Boston, New York, Burlington, VT AND Ottawa, Canada." The company was in operation under this name from 1877 - 1935.

Part of a collection of woodworking tools and items owned by Walter Reeves and Joseph Mark (Mark was original spelling before it changed to Marks). Reeves was Bradford Town Constable and Mark was a railway worker. Donated by their grandson, Bill Marks.

Shephard & Morse Lumber Company

Drugstore Labels

Labels for dispensed remedies from William L. Campbell's drugstore on Holland Street.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Bakery Tokens

Two bakery tokens that would have been given out by Alex Sutherland's bakery to patrons. One is for a 2lb loaf and the other a 4lb one.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Shoe Token

A token that would have been given out to patrons by J.A. Wood Shoe Store.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

W. L. Campbell Drug Store Collection

A collection of items from when W.L. Campbell Drug Store was in operation and showcases the types of items that would have been sold there/the services offered. Items include lotions, powders, photo printing envelopes.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Eleanor Sherbo's Business Card

Business card found in library time capsule. Business card is for Eleanor Sherbo, salesperson at Barbara M Kent Real Estate Ltd. and Library Board Chairperson at the time of the creation of the time capsule.

Bradford Public Library

W. Curry Seed House

This building was located on Holland St. E. The store pictured was owned by W. Curry who opened the business in 1943. Before Bradford Seed House opened, this building was a shoe store rented by Joe Coridan from Howard Bowser (Bowsher), an Englishman, who owned the building at that time. Today the building has been demolished and this site is a parking lot near the CIBC bank.

Dorothy Cilipka

Cousins Dairy

Ed Cave built this cement building to use it as a milk creamery. Around 1934 Cousins Dairy in Aurora expanded to Bradford and added a restaurant to the building. There was also a Cousins Dairy in Newmarket around the 1960's. Cousins Dairy milkmen delivered milk to Bradford houses for many years.

Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any more information about this photo or its contents.

Dorothy Cilipka

Results 1 to 10 of 347