218 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-16
This two-storey structure is located at 218 Simcoe Road. It is the fourth house on the west side (south of the “Y” in Simcoe Road). Robert Stewart, his wife, and family lived here many years ago. His son George, who married Ethel Waldruff, played ...
27 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...
41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....