205 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...
65 John Street East
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-12
The mid-block building located at 65 John St. East was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It was the home of Miss Hayes and her two sisters many years ago. They were known for lending money, especially to John Rob and family. The first Du...
Bradford Seed House Ad
- CA BWGPL LHC-Newsp-Adver-2019-02-07-06
An ad for Bradford Seed House, c. 1944.
Luanne Campbell Edwards
- CA BWGPL GJ-SB 75-PH26985
"This was the scene in a greenhouse operated by Ferragine Brothers on Simcoe Road. They estimate their losses in flowers and stock at between $20-30,000. Mud and water, 10 inches deep, swept through the greenhouse."
The flower man
- CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76-PH26922
"The bounciest petunias and the most colourful marigolds on Simcoe Rd. are in the Van Der Hulst family garden. They grow 150,000 boxes of bedding plants each spring in the greenhouses behind their home so they have an advantage over their neighbou...