Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 166 results Archival description

120 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

1934 Brought First Settlement to Holland Marsh

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Mar-2017-04-20-29
  • Item
  • 1965-11-17

"The first year-round residents of the Marsh arrived in the late autumn of 1934 and took up residence in the row of houses shown in the above picture. They were families from Holland and they named their village Ansnorveld. Members of the Christia...

Bradford Witness

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12-2017-03-17-13
  • Part
  • 1996

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

66 Barrie Street - Bradford United Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-07-2017-03-08-08
  • Part
  • 1995

Bradford United Church is located at 66 Barrie St. The structure in this photo was built in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. There was an original church built on this site in 1851. The 1½-storey building has a rectangular plan, tall and narrow w...

Nancy Smith

66 Barrie Street Bradford United Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-07
  • Item
  • 1996

Bradford United Church is located at 66 Barrie St. The structure in this photo was built in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. There was an original church built on this site in 1851. The 1½-storey building has a rectangular plan, tall and narrow w...

Nancy Smith

81 John Street West - Bradford Presbyterian Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-17
  • Item
  • 1996

The Bradford Presbyterian Church was once located at 81 John St. West (on the northwest corner of Church and John Streets). A Presbyterian church in Bradford dates back to 1856. The original frame building was built on this site and used until 189...

Nancy Smith

A Heritage Moment - Trinity Anglican Church, Bond Head

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-BHChu-PH26643
  • Item

Description : On the north side of the 7th Line, about 1 km. west of Bond Head, there is a metre-high cairn in the fence line, that marks the location of the home and church built by the Rev. Featherstone Osler in the late 1830s. The frame church,...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times

A Successful Church Opening

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-2017-03-16-10
  • Item
  • 1889-11-14

Article describing the opening Sabbath on November 10th, 1889 of St. John's Presbyterian Church at Coulson's Hill.

Bradford Witness

Anglican Church - Holland Landing

  • CA BWGPL LHC-SCom-OS9713
  • Item
  • 1977

A sketch of the Holland Landing Anglican Church as it appeared in the Holland Landing Scope. The caption read: "The Holland Landing Anglican Church is a landmark in that community, as represented here in a sketch by Simon Limbert. The community wa...

Armstrong, Mrs. James (Jane) obituary

  • CA BWGPL VS-1900-21811
  • Item
  • 1966-11-30

Event Date : Friday, November 11, 1966 Event Type : Death Description : Although not enjoying the best of health for some time, the last illness of Mrs. James Armstrong, of 98 John Street E., Bradford, was not lengthy, when she passed away in Yor...

Bradford Witness

Results 1 to 10 of 166