Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 6 results Archival description

5 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12-2017-03-17-13
  • Part
  • 1996

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

66 Barrie Street - Bradford United Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-07-2017-03-08-08
  • Part
  • 1995

Bradford United Church is located at 66 Barrie St. The structure in this photo was built in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. There was an original church built on this site in 1851. The 1½-storey building has a rectangular plan, tall and narrow w...

Nancy Smith

66 Barrie Street Bradford United Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-07
  • Item
  • 1996

Bradford United Church is located at 66 Barrie St. The structure in this photo was built in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. There was an original church built on this site in 1851. The 1½-storey building has a rectangular plan, tall and narrow w...

Nancy Smith

81 John Street West - Bradford Presbyterian Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-17
  • Item
  • 1996

The Bradford Presbyterian Church was once located at 81 John St. West (on the northwest corner of Church and John Streets). A Presbyterian church in Bradford dates back to 1856. The original frame building was built on this site and used until 189...

Nancy Smith

Corner of Queen and Moore Streets - Roman Catholic Church

  • CA BWGPL 2017-04-18-11
  • Item

This structure had a drive shed at the rear for stabling horses while the congregation attended church. The seating capacity was 125. The building had a simple 3-bay rectangular plan with a steep-pitched gable roof. Exterior buttresses and corner ...

Nancy Smith