Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 15 results Archival description

14 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12-2017-03-17-13
  • Part
  • 1996

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

BWG Heritage Matters -Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-TrinAngBWG-2017-04-10-15
  • Item
  • 2017-03-23

This article was written by the Bradford West Gwillimbury Heritage Committee in commemoration of Ontario's Heritage Week. It briefly looks into the histories of the Trinity Anglican Church, and its neighbouring Rectory.

Miriam King

Church Street - looking south

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-13
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

View of Church Street looking south. To the right is Trinity Anglican Church, and further down is St. John's Presbyterian Church. St John's was demolished and relocated to 10th Sideroad in 2003, and the site became Trinity's parking lot and expans...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Church expansion starts

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-TrinAngBWG-2017-05-10-10
  • Item
  • 1986-06-25

This article describes the ground-breaking ceremony of Trinity Anglican Church's expansion project, held on June 22, 1986.

Bradford Weekly

Military History is recalled by Finding of Button

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Arti-2017-05-11-02
  • Item
  • 1958-08-20

"While working in the flower-bed at the front of the bradford Presbyterian Church this summer, Mr. harvey Curry dug up a small object which turned out to be a button off a soldier's uniform. A little rubbing revealed the number "30" inside a raise...

Bradford Witness

New Trinity Church building

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-TrinAngBWG-2016-11-16-02
  • Item
  • 1900-12-06

Article on the construction and history of Bradford's Trinity Anglican church. The opening ceremony was held on December 2, 1900.

Bradford Witness

Presbyterian Church

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-03-27-44
  • Item
  • 1906

The article accompanying this photograph gives a quick history of the Presbyterian Church in Bradford. A biography of its charge in 1906, Rev. D.N. Morden, is also included.

Edmund Garrett

St. John's Presbyterian Church

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3225
  • Item

The Church was built in 1893 on the corner of Church and John Street, during the pastorade of Rev. F. Smith. It replaced a frame structure that was sold to the Anglican Church to be used for a parish hall in 1893, it was demolished in 1953. The ...

Results 1 to 10 of 15