Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 7 results Archival description

5 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Architecture

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch
  • File
  • 2016

Contains items relating to Architecture. Headings include: *Historic Homes/ Buildings *Holland Landing *The Hollows *Hotels & Inns *Housing Outside WG *Innisfil *Lefroy *Mackey's Corners *Misc.

WEGWHIST Collection

Armstrong/Metcalfe House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS9831
  • Item

The Armstrong/Metcalfe home was located on the 6th line. It was reported to be the earliest brick house in West Gwillimbury. The centre gable was a later addition. The features include a basement kitchen, front Venetian windows and a nine-panel fr...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • File
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3235
  • Item
  • 1983

"The Pines" a few years later. It is still well maintained.

Dorothy Cilipka

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3234
  • Item
  • 1968

This home is located on the corner of Church and Queen St. It is an early Gothic style house with gingerbreading on the eves. It was made of a rare pink brick, possibly created in Newmarket. The house was built in 1850 by Mark Scanlon, a lawyer,...

Dorothy Cilipka

Thompson Fisher House and Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School

  • LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-12-23-08
  • Item
  • 1989-1991

Photograph of the Thompson Fisher House with the previous Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School/ Bradford High School in the background. The Thompson Fisher House was built in the 1880s. Thompson Fisher was an insurance agent in Barrie and Allisto...

Woods Home

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS10415
  • Item

Bill Woods' home. The Wood’s brothers built these post war houses about 1946.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library