Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 7 results Archival description

5 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Architecture

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch
  • File
  • 2016

Contains items relating to Architecture. Headings include: *Historic Homes/ Buildings *Holland Landing *The Hollows *Hotels & Inns *Housing Outside WG *Innisfil *Lefroy *Mackey's Corners *Misc.

WEGWHIST Collection

Armstrong/Metcalfe House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS9831
  • Item

The Armstrong/Metcalfe home was located on the 6th line. It was reported to be the earliest brick house in West Gwillimbury. The centre gable was a later addition. The features include a basement kitchen, front Venetian windows and a nine-panel fr...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • File
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains descriptions on various historic buildings of Bradford. The photographs are found in the Local History Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The text accompanying each photograph was researched and...

Janice Hopkins

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3235
  • Item
  • 1983

"The Pines" a few years later. It is still well maintained.

Dorothy Cilipka

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3234
  • Item
  • 1968

This home is located on the corner of Church and Queen St. It is an early Gothic style house with gingerbreading on the eves. It was made of a rare pink brick, possibly created in Newmarket. The house was built in 1850 by Mark Scanlon, a lawyer,...

Dorothy Cilipka

Thompson Fisher House and Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School

  • LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-12-23-08
  • Item
  • 1989-1991

Photograph of the Thompson Fisher House with the previous Fred C. Cook Senior Elementary School/ Bradford High School in the background. The Thompson Fisher House was built in the 1880s. Thompson Fisher was an insurance agent in Barrie and Allisto...

Woods Home

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS10415
  • Item

Bill Woods' home. The Wood’s brothers built these post war houses about 1946.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library