Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 70 resultados Descripción archivística

69 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins

79 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-16
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 79 John St. East was built around 1860-1890’s in the Gothic Revival style. Originally, there was a shed and garage attached to the house at the rear and a vacant lot on the east side. This building was the home ...

Nancy Smith

81 Frederick Street - The Anglican Church Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-02
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The former Anglican Church Manse is located at 81 Frederick St. (on the northeast corner of Church and Frederick Streets). The structure was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. The two-storey, rectangular building has a medium-pi...

Nancy Smith

33 Colborne Street - The Dan Collings House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-19
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The Dan Collings House is located mid-block at 33 Colborne Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880’s. There were once barns (for animals and equipment as well as for marsh hay) on the property. It was the original home of Dan ...

Nancy Smith

107 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-04
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building on the north side at 107 John St. East was built around the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The main house was moved to this site from the saw mill in Amsterdam during the early 1900’s. It was the home of Arthur ...

Nancy Smith

15 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-02
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 15 John Street East was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. It was the home of Miss Arnold, a well-respected member of the community, during WWI. Dick Saint had part of the hous...

Nancy Smith

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

117 James Street - The Isaac Coburn House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-18
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Isaac Cobourn House is located mid-block at 117 James Street. It was built in the Arts and Crafts style in the 1920’s by a good carpenter for his family. The 1½-storey bungalow has an asymmetrical, ‘L’-shaped plan. There are wide, window openi...

Nancy Smith

48 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-11
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the south side at 48 James St. was built in 1840-60 in the Ontario Vernacular style. The one-storey cottage was once the home of Mrs. Peterman. It has a rectilinear plan, a medium-pitched, gable roof and an asymme...

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 1 a 10 de 70