Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 79 results Archival description

79 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Dr. Lewis H. Campbell Lacrosse Medal Portrait

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-21-01
  • Item
  • 1900s

Dr. Lewis H. Campbell's portrait inside of his lacrosse championship medal, resting on a case. Dr. Campbell was a lacrosse champion in 1902 and 1905.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

L.H. and W.L. Campbell Lacrosse Medals - Front View

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-21-02
  • Item
  • 1902 - 1905

One side of two Canadian Lacrosse Association Championship medals awarded to William L. Campbell and Dr. Lewis H. Campbell. Both men were on Bradford's lacrosse team and their names are engraved on the medals (as seen in this view). Dr. Campbell w...

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Lawn Bowling Balls

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-22-18
  • Item
  • Post-1880

Two lawn bowling balls. One engrave with "LHC" and the other with "W.L.C." One belonged to Dr. Lewis H. Campbell and the other to his brother William L. Campbell. Both were members of Bradford's lawn bowling club.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Bakery Tokens

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-22-19
  • Item
  • c.1900

Two bakery tokens that would have been given out by Alex Sutherland's bakery to patrons. One is for a 2lb loaf and the other a 4lb one.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Bradford Dog Tax Tags

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-23-05
  • Item
  • Pre-1935

Six metal dog registration/tax tags from Bradford and belonging to William L. Campbell. Tags are dated for 1918, 1919, 1921, 1924, 1936, 1939.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

W. L. Campbell Drug Store Collection

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-23-06
  • Item
  • 1891 - 1951

A collection of items from when W.L. Campbell Drug Store was in operation and showcases the types of items that would have been sold there/the services offered. Items include lotions, powders, photo printing envelopes.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

W. Curry Seed House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3217
  • Item
  • 1968

This building was located on Holland St. E. The store pictured was owned by W. Curry who opened the business in 1943. Before Bradford Seed House opened, this building was a shoe store rented by Joe Coridan from Howard Bowser (Bowsher), an Englis...

Dorothy Cilipka

Folliott's Insurance

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3219
  • Item
  • 1967

These shops were located on Holland St. East, near Barrie Street. This building used to be Bracken's Drug Store, owned by Mr E.O. Bracken and part of I.D.A. (Independent Druggists Alliance). Mrs. Myrtle Bracken was a Public School Teacher. Today ...

Dorothy Cilipka

Thomas Driffill's Hardware Store

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3222
  • Item

This building was probably built around 1851. The Driffill family lived and operated a business in Bradford before 1867.

Dorothy Cilipka

Holland Theatre

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3236
  • Item
  • 1967

The Holland Theater was built in 1937. The owners in the 1940's and early 1950's were Mr. Rees and Mr. Hobberlin. Later, this building became a furniture store and then a clothing store.

Dorothy Cilipka

Results 1 to 10 of 79