37 Holland Street East
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-02
The mid-block building located at 37 Holland St. East was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880-1890’s. Originally, the left side on the ground floor contained an office occupied by grain buyers. It had a front door and a small window. The...
1 Holland Street West
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-01
The building located at 1 Holland St. West was originally built as a hotel (Central Hotel, Uneeda Hotel, H. Hulse Hotel). Tom and Len Saint worked on the construction of the building. George Webb ran the hotel for a while before he moved to Saskat...
23 and 27 Holland Street West
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-25
The building located at 23 Holland St. West may have been owned by George Stoddart Jr. at one time. It had living quarters upstairs. The ground floor once housed a bank (possibly the Imperial Bank) and there was a large vault in the back. The mana...
29, 31 and 33 Holland Street West
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-01
The structure located at 29 Holland St. West was vacant for many years. Howard Bowser bought and restored it as a shop with living quarters upstairs. Ted and Audrey Gapp lived here for a number of years. Helen Bantam ran a ladies’ shop downstairs ...
30 Holland Street West
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-27
The building located at 30 Holland St. West (on the southeast corner of Holland and Drury Streets) has been the site of many businesses, including Bradford Travel (as seen in this photo from 1995). Many years previously, George Ogilvie, a tailor, ...
38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03-2017-03-29-05
The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...
Bradford's Centennial - Bradford Seed House
- CA BWGPL LHC-Cen-OS8583
Bradford Seed House float in Bradford's Centennial Parade on Holland St. W. The car is a 1917 Ford Touring, owned and operated by George van Nostrand. Harvey W. Curry is in the passenger seat and Mandy and Wally Hunt are in the rear seat. Beside t...
- CA BWGPL DC-PH3219
These shops were located on Holland St. East, near Barrie Street. This building used to be Bracken's Drug Store, owned by Mr E.O. Bracken and part of I.D.A. (Independent Druggists Alliance). Mrs. Myrtle Bracken was a Public School Teacher.