Bradford's Centennial - Bradford Seed House
- CA BWGPL LHC-Cen-OS8583
Bradford Seed House float in Bradford's Centennial Parade on Holland St. W. The car is a 1917 Ford Touring, owned and operated by George van Nostrand. Harvey W. Curry is in the passenger seat and Mandy and Wally Hunt are in the rear seat. Beside t...
- CA BWGPL DC-PH3219
These shops were located on Holland St. East, near Barrie Street. This building used to be Bracken's Drug Store, owned by Mr E.O. Bracken and part of I.D.A. (Independent Druggists Alliance). Mrs. Myrtle Bracken was a Public School Teacher.
Thomas Driffill's Hardware Store
This building was probably built around 1851. The Driffill family lived and operated a business in Bradford before 1867.
Moore Bros. Marvel Acetylene Gas Generator
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-03-27-37-2017-03-27-39
This is a portrait engraving of the Marvel Acetylene Gas Generator, patented and invented by the Moore Bros. This machine was installed in places without electrical hook-ups so electricity could be used, and was in the Model School, Samuel Lukes' ...
George Ogilvie Tailor shop on Holland Street
- CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Stre-PH3685
George Ogilvie , whose business can be seen here, was a merchant tailor in Bradford. He employed 6 to 8 people at a time. He was also a Councillor, on the Model School Board, on the Public Library Board, and on the Board of the Agricultural Soci...
W. Davey Butcher Shop
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-PH251
W. Davey Butcher Shop. W. Davey is the man standing in front of the shop with the apron on. It later became Webb's Butcher Shop. He is the one sitting on the carriage. It then became Pezzanitti's Meat Shop until a few years ago. The shop was loc...
John Zampaloni Fruit Stand
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-OS10266
John Zampaloni's store was located at the corner of Colborne Street and Holland Street East.
If you have any additional information about this photo or its contents please contact the library at 905-775-3328.
G. Sachs - Iron & Tin Worker
- CA BWGPL WEG-WWW-2016-11-16-16-2016-11-16-18
Advertisement for G. Sachs' Iron and Tin Working services
Four Corners in Bradford
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-PH11508
Looking north west in Bradford at the intersection of Holland Street and Yonge Street.
This is the northwest corner of the main intersection in Bradford. This building was first known as the Innis House. In 1906, it was called the Central Hotel, a...