Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 5 results Archival description

Only digital objects

29, 31 and 33 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 29 Holland St. West was vacant for many years. Howard Bowser bought and restored it as a shop with living quarters upstairs. Ted and Audrey Gapp lived here for a number of years. Helen Bantam ran a ladies’ shop downstairs ...

Nancy Smith

37 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-02
  • Item
  • 1995

This two-storey, solid-brick building is located on the north side at 37 Holland St. West (on the corner of Holland and Moore Streets). It has been the site of several businesses, including Western Tire, Municipal Savings and Loan, and a grocery s...

Janice Hopkins

21 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-22
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 21 Holland St. West is part of what is known as the Evans Block. The building was raised and Len Saint added a cellar and a foundation. It was originally a store with living quarters upstairs. The work was done by Mac Camp...

Janice Hopkins

1 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-01
  • Item
  • 1997

The building located at 1 Holland St. West was originally built as a hotel (Central Hotel, Uneeda Hotel, H. Hulse Hotel). Tom and Len Saint worked on the construction of the building. George Webb ran the hotel for a while before he moved to Saskat...

Janice Hopkins

2 Holland Street East - The Village Inn

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The Village Inn is located at 2 Holland St. East (on the corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets). There had been a hotel located at this site before the great fire of 1871. The building in this photo (1995) was built in 1920 in the Ontario Vernacula...

Nancy Smith