Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 3 results Archivistische beschrijving

Only digital objects

126 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-04
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the south side at 126 John St. West was built in the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Originally, there was a back lane for Jim Woods' house and barn next to this house. Pratt lived here many years ago ...

Nancy Smith

27 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...

Janice Hopkins

41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....

Nancy Smith