Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 7 results Archival description

Only digital objects

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

27 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
  • Item
  • 1995

Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...

Janice Hopkins

41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....

Nancy Smith

46 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The building located at 46 Simcoe Road (on the corner of Thomas St. and Simcoe Road) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. James Church, and then Jimmie Jackson, his wife, and son once lived in this house. Jimmie worked for t...

Nancy Smith

52 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 52 Simcoe Road was built post-1900 (1902?) in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The house, which is larger than other older cottages of a similar style in Bradford, was built on property owned by Charles Adams. Or...

Nancy Smith

61 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 61 Simcoe Road was built around 1850-1880 in the Classic Revival style. Emerson Glover and his wife and children (Betty, Wilma, Joe and Mary) moved to this house from Coulson’s Hill. He had Len Saint build a cemen...

Nancy Smith

64 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-10
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 64 Simcoe Road was built on what was originally a vacant lot to the west of the Aiken’s property. The lot was sold to Leonard Saint by the McDonald sisters in 1946. Len built a frame, stucco house on the property in the winter...

Janice Hopkins