Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 18 results Archivistische beschrijving

18 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

126 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-04
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the south side at 126 John St. West was built in the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Originally, there was a back lane for Jim Woods' house and barn next to this house. Pratt lived here many years ago ...

Nancy Smith

139 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located at 139 John St. West (on the northwest corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built in the 1900’s by carpenter Dalt Coburn. Originally, there was a laneway behind the house that ran west to Toronto St. and a vacant lot next...

Janice Hopkins

156 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This one-storey house is located at 156 John St. West. The original cladding was stucco and there was a kitchen at the back. Mrs. Belfry owned the building many years ago. After her death, Merle Woodcock bought (and repaired) the house. John Holan...

Janice Hopkins

52 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-08
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 52 Simcoe Road was built post-1900 (1902?) in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The house, which is larger than other older cottages of a similar style in Bradford, was built on property owned by Charles Adams. Or...

Nancy Smith

44 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-09
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 44 John St. East was built pre-1900 in Amsterdam (on the east side of the Holland River) in the Ontario Vernacular style. It was later moved to this site. This house was once the home of George Ogilvie, a tailor ...

Nancy Smith

45 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-13
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The one-storey, frame house located at 45 John St. West originally had a kitchen and a woodshed at the rear and a veranda at the front. It was the home of Stan Cairns' parents Isaac and Grace (Fisher). The family lived here before and after World ...

Janice Hopkins

41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....

Nancy Smith

64 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-10
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located at 64 Simcoe Road was built on what was originally a vacant lot to the west of the Aiken’s property. The lot was sold to Leonard Saint by the McDonald sisters in 1946. Len built a frame, stucco house on the property in the winter...

Janice Hopkins

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

65 Moore Street - The John Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-08
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The John Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 65 Moore Street. It is set well back and was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The building was owned by the Cook family for many years. Originally, a series of sheds ran al...

Nancy Smith

Resultaten 1 tot 10 van 18