Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 307 results Archival description

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

283 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Saga of Achievements

  • CA BWGPL AR-2017-07-12-01
  • Item
  • 1950 - 1960

Pedlar People Ltd; donated by Elsie Curry. A booklet that describes the company history, the milestones and people involved along the way. Also includes the contemporary list of employees and board members; the time being some point in the 1950s. ...

Pedlar People Ltd

Shephard & Morse Lumber Company Tin

  • CA BWGPL AR-Build-2018-11-27-02
  • Item
  • 1877 - 1935

This is a small tin container, engraved with "Shephard & Morse Lumber Co/Boston, New York, Burlington, VT AND Ottawa, Canada." The company was in operation under this name from 1877 - 1935. Part of a collection of woodworking tools and items owne...

Bill Marks

Bakery Tokens

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-22-19
  • Item
  • c.1900

Two bakery tokens that would have been given out by Alex Sutherland's bakery to patrons. One is for a 2lb loaf and the other a 4lb one.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

W. L. Campbell Drug Store Collection

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-23-06
  • Item
  • 1891 - 1951

A collection of items from when W.L. Campbell Drug Store was in operation and showcases the types of items that would have been sold there/the services offered. Items include lotions, powders, photo printing envelopes.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

W. Curry Seed House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3217
  • Item
  • 1968

This building was located on Holland St. E. The store pictured was owned by W. Curry who opened the business in 1943. Before Bradford Seed House opened, this building was a shoe store rented by Joe Coridan from Howard Bowser (Bowsher), an Englis...

Dorothy Cilipka

Cousins Dairy

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3258
  • Item
  • 1972

Ed Cave built this cement building to use it as a milk creamery. Around 1934 Cousins Dairy in Aurora expanded to Bradford and added a restaurant to the building. There was also a Cousins Dairy in Newmarket around the 1960's. Cousins Dairy milkm...

Dorothy Cilipka

Bailey River Farms

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3669
  • Item
  • 1973

Destroyed by fire on April 28, 1988.

Dorothy Cilipka

Moore Street 1969

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3683
  • Item
  • 1969

The Kilkenny family first opened a furniture and undertaker business at this same location in 1842. Their primary business was in cabinetmaking when it first opened. Thomas Kilkenny is said to have introduced the first hearse to Simcoe County ar...

Dorothy Cilipka

61 Holland Street East - The Bradford Town Hall

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-25-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The Bradford Town Hall is located at 61 Holland St. East. It survived the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown. The building was being used as a schoolhouse in 1875 when a severe wind storm blew off the roof and killed a member ...

Nancy Smith

61 Holland Street East - The Bradford Town Hall

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-25-08-2017-03-25-09
  • Part
  • 1996

The Bradford Town Hall is located at 61 Holland St. East. It survived the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown. The building was being used as a schoolhouse in 1875 when a severe wind storm blew off the roof and killed a member ...

Nancy Smith

Results 1 to 10 of 307