52 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-08
The mid-block building located at 52 Simcoe Road was built post-1900 (1902?) in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The house, which is larger than other older cottages of a similar style in Bradford, was built on property owned by Charles Adams. Or...
27 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...
30 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-03
The building located at 30 Simcoe Road was known as the Lathangue & Skwarchuk Funeral Home when this photo was taken in 1995. The Kilkenny family was the first to serve Bradford with a funeral home in 1836. Neil Lathangue owned the business from 1...
- CA BWGPL GJ-SB 75-PH26985
"This was the scene in a greenhouse operated by Ferragine Brothers on Simcoe Road. They estimate their losses in flowers and stock at between $20-30,000. Mud and water, 10 inches deep, swept through the greenhouse."