Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 14 results Archival description

14 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

123 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located mid-block at 123 Moore Street was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It stood behind the grand, Italianate villa (The Convent) that was once located at 118 Barrie Street and was the home of the Lukes’ family. Original...

Nancy Smith

Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
  • Item
  • 1906

This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.

Edmund Garrett

Animal Footprint

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-20-02
  • Item
  • 1994

An animal footprint in a building brick. The brick is displayed on a wood mount with a gold plaque. The item was recovered by Bill Patton during the demolition of the Convent in August 1994.

Bill Patton

Convent Decorative Plaster Point

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-19-02
  • Item
  • After 1876

A decorative plaster point recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of the Diocese ...

Convent Plaster Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-05
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Convent Wood Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-06
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Convent demolition

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-2016-12-19-08
  • Part
  • 1994-08

Photograph of the Convent demolition

Bill Marks

Convent demolition

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-2016-12-19-09
  • Part
  • 1994-08

Photograph of the Convent demolition

Bill Marks

Convent demolition to start this week

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH26598
  • Item
  • 1994

"Demolition of the old convent on Barrie Street was scheduled to begin this week. The site, north of Frederick Street, will be the home of a new multi-service facility. When it's done in March 1995, it will be 15,000 square feet in size and will a...

Rod Urquhart

Lukes' house / Convent

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH268
  • Item
  • 1930

This was the home of Sam and Gilbert Lukes. It was originally built by John MacLean Stevenson in 1876. It was sold, first to Robert Bingham in 1877, then to James Boddy in 1894(?) who named it "Fairview". Later, after a number of other sales, it ...

Lewis Campbell

Results 1 to 10 of 14