Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 40 resultados Descrição arquivística

40 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

170 Barrie Street - The Gib Lukes House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-09-2017-03-07-11
  • Parte
  • 1996

The Gib Lukes House is located mid-block on the west side at 170 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Edwardian Classicism style. The garage at the rear where Gib Lukes parked his Stanley Steamer automobile is currently the building at 123...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Parte
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-17
  • Parte
  • 1995

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

Working to Preserve Convent's History

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-PH25356
  • Parte
  • 1987-03-08

Working to Preserve Convent's History Bradford - A lot of people are interested in seeing the empty building known as the old convent on Barrie Street saved, says one Bradford resident who is determined to do his part. Jim Culbert, known to thos...

Bradford Weekly

The Purchase of Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-2016-11-16-03
  • Parte
  • 1910-04-28

"Masons, carpenters and painters have been for some time and are still at work at Algonquin Lodge, and "vaster than has been" are the improvements that are being made. This property was lately purchased from the Estate of the late Rev. E.R. Young ...

Bradford Witness

10 Joseph Street (72 Barrie Street) - Dr. Blackwell's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-01-2017-03-10-02
  • Parte
  • 1996

Dr. Gilbert Blackwell’s House is located on the southwest corner of Barrie and Joseph Streets at 72 Barrie Street. His office faced Joseph Street. The structure was built in 1935 by builder Art Saint in the Arts and Crafts style. The simple form h...

Nancy Smith

Greenview Farm building

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-12-2017-04-27-13
  • Parte
  • 1906

Greenview Farm was the residence and farm of Richard H. Crake, wheat farmer, and covered 212 acres in 1906. It was located on the "Bond Head Rd.", or Highway 88 near Bond Head. It was first the Tyrwhitt Farm, owned by Colonel Tyrwhitt of Bond Hea...

Edmund Garrett

92 Holland Street West - Bertha Sinclair's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-04-2017-04-01-05
  • Parte
  • 1995

Miss Sinclair’s House is a mid-block building located on the south side at 92 Holland Street West. It was built in the 1890’s in the Italianate style. Miss Bertha Sinclair lived in this house for many years. When she died, her nieces Kay and Isabe...

Nancy Smith

History of Bradford's Grand Old Lady

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-PH25358
  • Parte
  • 1988-06-28

"Whatever becomes of this grand old lady, her colourful history will not be soon forgotten. When the Recreation Facilities Committee was formed consisting of Chairperson Ann Currie, Jim Culbert, Steve Boland, Ellen MacKenzey, Bill Germayne and Sh...

Bradford Gazette

Van Voorst - Armstrong House Demolition

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2017-03-21-21-2017-03-21-22
  • Parte
  • 2006

This series of photographs depicts the demolition of the Van Voorst-Armstrong house on Line 6, next to Bradford Valley Nursing Home. See related descriptions "No heritage designation for ca. 1850s home" for more information.

Resultados 1 a 10 de 40