Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 7 results Archival description

7 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

45 Holland Street East - The Edmund Garrett House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The Edmund Garrett House is a two-storey building located at 45 Holland St. East. It was built in the Classic Revival style in the 1880’s (after the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown). The building was converted into two liv...

Nancy Smith

Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
  • Item
  • 1906

This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.

Edmund Garrett

Greenview Farm

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-12
  • Item
  • 1906

Greenview Farm was the residence of Richard H. Crake, wheat farmer, and covered 212 acres in 1906. It was located on the "Bond Head Rd.", or Highway 88 near Sideroad 10. It was first the Tyrwhitt Farm, owned by Colonel Tyrwhitt of Bond Head, befo...

Edmund Garrett

Greenview Farm building

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-12-2017-04-27-13
  • Part
  • 1906

Greenview Farm was the residence and farm of Richard H. Crake, wheat farmer, and covered 212 acres in 1906. It was located on the "Bond Head Rd.", or Highway 88 near Bond Head. It was first the Tyrwhitt Farm, owned by Colonel Tyrwhitt of Bond Hea...

Edmund Garrett

Lukes, Samuel

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-03
  • Item
  • 1906

This portrait is of Samuel Lukes, businessman and mill owner of Bradford. At the time of this edition, he was a successful owner of the Bradford Flouring Mills and lived on Holland Street. Later, he would own the Algonquin Lodge (now known as the ...

Edmund Garrett

Young, Rev. E.R.

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-07
  • Item
  • 1906

This portrait is of Egerton R. Young, minister of the Methodist Church, missionary, and author. He lived in the Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent.

Edmund Garrett