Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 6 results Archivistische beschrijving

6 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Deel
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02
  • Stuk
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

25 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This structure was originally a shed located on property owned by Tom Saint. It was moved to its current site at 25 Bingham St. (south of Centre Street) onto property owned by George “Duke” Lowe. After the shed was restored as a house, Duke marri...

Joe Saint

52 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-08
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 52 Simcoe Road was built post-1900 (1902?) in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The house, which is larger than other older cottages of a similar style in Bradford, was built on property owned by Charles Adams. Or...

Nancy Smith

84 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-17
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 84 John St. East was built around 1920-1930’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was erected on property that was originally owned by Tom Saint and was the site of his storage lot (behind his business on ...

Nancy Smith

89 Holland Street East - Saint/Marks House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey, frame house located at 89 Holland St. East was the home of Tom and Mary (Harman) Saint for many years. The structure was moved across the river to this site from the Thompson Smith Saw Mill (at Amsterdam) after it closed. A crawl s...

Janice Hopkins