223 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-17
This two-storey, frame and cement-clad house is located south of the “Y” at 223 Simcoe Road. Mr. Bruce bought this house and the land (which extended south to the town limits and over the canal) many years ago. A marsh laneway ran east and there w...
47 and 49 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-07
The mid-block building located at 47/49 Simcoe Road was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Originally, there was a long, one-storey, frame house located at this site. It had a verandah on the northwest side, a picket fence al...
61 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-09
The mid-block building located at 61 Simcoe Road was built around 1850-1880 in the Classic Revival style. Emerson Glover and his wife and children (Betty, Wilma, Joe and Mary) moved to this house from Coulson’s Hill. He had Len Saint build a cemen...