23 and 25 John Street East
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-04
This mid-block structure is located at 23 and 25 John St. East. It was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Lewis Algeo, one of the first Irish settlers in West Gwillimbury and a retired farmer, once lived in the west side of t...
89 John Street East
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-18
The mid-block building located at 89 John St. East is set well back from street. It was built around 1860-1880’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. John Edwin (or Harry) Cerswell, a retired gentleman, lived here at one time before selling th...
Hydro Sub. John E./Nelson St.
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-06
The first hydro substation in Bradford was located on Nelson St. (south of John St. East). It was built in 1916 (or 1918) by Tom and Len Saint on a small piece of property owned by the foundry on Holland Street. (1, 2)
Please contact the Bradford ...