41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....
47 and 49 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-07
The mid-block building located at 47/49 Simcoe Road was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Originally, there was a long, one-storey, frame house located at this site. It had a verandah on the northwest side, a picket fence al...
61 Simcoe Road
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-09
The mid-block building located at 61 Simcoe Road was built around 1850-1880 in the Classic Revival style. Emerson Glover and his wife and children (Betty, Wilma, Joe and Mary) moved to this house from Coulson’s Hill. He had Len Saint build a cemen...