Newspaper

Taxonomía

Código

Nota(s) sobre el alcance

Nota(s) sobre el origen

Mostrar nota(s)

Términos jerárquicos

Newspaper

Términos equivalentes

Newspaper

Términos asociados

Newspaper

128 Descripción archivística results for Newspaper

52 resultados directamente relacionados Excluir términos relacionados

Churches

  • CA BWGPL JS-Vol2-JSC-v2-900
  • Unidad documental simple
  • Parte deJoe Saint fonds

Contains news clippings and articles on various churches of Bradford West Gwillimbury

Joe Saint

A long tradition of newspapering

"Stewart Scott McKenzie, a man who was a strong and active force in Bradford for more than 35 years as a politician and publisher for the Bradford Witness and South Simcoe News, died last week in York County Hospital in Newmarket, last Thursday following a short illness. Mr. McKenzie was born in the Village of Paisley in Bruce County where he grew up and was educated. The former publisher of the Witness has a long tradition in newspapering and was one of four sons born to a former publisher of the Paisley Advocate. Mr. McKenzie served in the Canadian Army during World War I. When he returned after the war he resumed his newspaper career and joined the production department of the old Detroit Times. In 1931, he and his wife Ina, also a native of Paisley, moved to Bradford and purchased the Bradford Witness and South Simcoe News from Publisher O.M. Seim. That began a career in this town that stretched over 35 years until the couple retired in 1968 following the sale of the Witness to Gerry and Nona Barker. Funeral services for the man who devoted so much of his life to his community were held on Saturday morning in the chapel of the Lathangue and Skwarchuk Funeral Home on Simcoe Street, in Bradford."

George Jackson

23 and 27 Holland Street West

The building located at 23 Holland St. West may have been owned by George Stoddart Jr. at one time. It had living quarters upstairs. The ground floor once housed a bank (possibly the Imperial Bank) and there was a large vault in the back. The manager was Fred Stevens. He moved to Barrie when the bank closed. This left the Canadian Bank of Commerce as the only bank in Bradford at that time. The Bradford Witness newspaper, under the direction of Stewart and Ina McKenzie, later moved to this location from the Seim Building. (1, 2)
The building located at 27 Holland St. West also had living quarters upstairs. The ground floor housed the practice of lawyers Gardner, Morris and Denney for a while after WWII. Mrs. Marg Fallis lived upstairs for many years before moving to John Street. (1, 2)

George Jackson

Newspaper Advertisements

Contains various newspaper advertisements relating to Bradford West Gwillimbury area's businesses, shops, etc.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Anne's Style Shop Ad

An ad for Anne’s Style Shop in Bradford from 1957. Appeared in the Bradford Witness.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

1933 Page of Business Ads

A page of Bradford business ads from 1933. Includes: Willson's Men's Wear Store, Nolan Motor Sales, Wm. Semenuk Electrical - Plumbing, Douglas Hardware, Bradford Flour Mills, L. J. McConkey & Son Supplies, Sutton's Hardware, Colly's Smoke Shop, Campbell's Drug Store, The Mercantile Co., Harry Barron Plumbing - Tinsmithing - Electrical, Melbourne Transport Service, Bradford Witness Print Services. Ads appeared in the March 1, 1933 issue of the Bradford Witness.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Hunt & Stephenson Bakery

An ad for Hunt & Stephenson Bakery in Bradford, c. 1933. Appeared in the Bradford Witness.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

News Laundry Ad

An ad for News Laundry in Bradford, c. 1933. Appeared in the Bradford Witness.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Resultados 41 a 50 de 128