Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Item PH11508 - Four Corners in Bradford

Identity area

Reference code

CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-PH11508


Four Corners in Bradford


  • (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium


Context area

Name of creator

Name of creator

George Jackson

Biographical history

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Looking north west in Bradford at the intersection of Holland Street and Yonge Street.
This is the northwest corner of the main intersection in Bradford. This building was first known as the Innis House. In 1906, it was called the Central Hotel, and ran by Peter Holt. He had purchased the property in 1899 from Mr. L. Algeo. It had 22 bedrooms, and two sitting rooms. It was heated by a furnace, and lighted by acetylene. At this time, it was the longest established hotel in Bradford, and was frequented by the farming community when they came into Bradford. In this picture, it is the Uneeda Hotel. It later became the Bank of Commerce and then the 11 and 88 Convenience Store. Today, it is the Coffee Culture cafe.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

7 1/2 x 5 inches.

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Place access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object metadata

Media type




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area