Item 2017-04-04-15 - 78 John Street East

Open original Digital object

Identity area

Reference code

CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-04-15


78 John Street East


  • 1995 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium


Context area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Name of creator

Biographical history

Name of creator

Biographical history

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

The structure located at 78 John St. East was built by George Saint in 1900. The two-storey, frame house had a kitchen at the rear. When George moved to Toronto (around 1916), it became the home of Miss Minnie Parkhill for many years. She finally married James Ferguson, who was from western Canada. She died in World War II and James returned to the west. After the war, it became the home of Harold Gwyn (a veteran) and his family. He owned a plumbing and heating business. (1, 2)

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

JE 78

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres