Barn

Taxonomie

Code

Bereik aantekeningen

ron aantekeningen

Toon aantekening(en)

Hiërarchische termen

Barn

Gelijksoortige termen

Barn

Verwante termen

Barn

41 Archivistische beschrijving results for Barn

41 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

84 Williams Street

This house is located on the west side at 84 Williams Street (at the top of Back Street). It was the home of Bob Root, his wife (Sarah), and children (Bill Jr. and Mildred). Originally, there were barns and sheds at the back and they kept cows, horses and chickens. Bob was a noted wooden pump maker. He later sold and repaired pumps. Bob also dug graves and installed and dug field drains. (1, 2)

Zonder titel

Joseph Martin Barn

Photograph of the barn belonging to Joseph Martin (1873-1946) and Elizabeth Martin (nee Spiers) (abt. 1883-unknown).

Joseph was the son of Thomas Martin (1840-1919) and Elizabeth Martin (nee Lee) (1850-1936). Elizabeth Lee was the daughter of Thomas Lee (1794-1868) and Ann Lee (nee Graham) (abt. 1825-1903).

Zonder titel

Feeding the Turkeys

Photograph of a daughter of Joseph Martin (1873-1946) and Elizabeth Martin (nee Spiers) (abt. 1883-unknown) feeding turkeys outside the Martins' barn.

Joseph was the son of Thomas Martin (1840-1919) and Elizabeth Martin (nee Lee) (1850-1936). Elizabeth Lee was the daughter of Thomas Lee (1794-1868) and Ann Lee (nee Graham) (abt. 1825-1903).

Zonder titel

Elizabeth (Spiers) Martin with Grandchild

Photograph of Elizabeth Martin (nee Spiers) (abt. 1883-unknown) with a grandchild outside of the family's farmhouse.

Elizabeth was the wife of Joseph Martin (1873-1946). Joseph was the son of Thomas Martin (1840-1919) and Elizabeth Martin (nee Lee) (1850-1936). Elizabeth Lee was the daughter of Thomas Lee (1794-1868) and Ann Lee (nee Graham) (abt. 1825-1903).

Zonder titel

Joseph Martin & Kids

Photograph of Joseph Martin (1873-1946) and his children in a carriage on their farm.

Joseph was the husband of Elizabeth Martin (nee Spiers) (abt. 1883-unknown). He was also the son of Thomas Martin (1840-1919) and Elizabeth Martin (nee Lee) (1850-1936). Elizabeth Lee was the daughter of Thomas Lee (1794-1868) and Ann Lee (nee Graham) (abt. 1825-1903).

Zonder titel

Playing with the Pig

Photograph of two of the daughters of Joseph Martin (1873-1946) and Elizabeth Martin (nee Spiers) (abt. 1883-unknown) playing with a pig in the farmyard.

Joseph was the son of Thomas Martin (1840-1919) and Elizabeth Martin (nee Lee) (1850-1936). Elizabeth Lee was the daughter of Thomas Lee (1794-1868) and Ann Lee (nee Graham) (abt. 1825-1903).

Zonder titel

47 and 49 Simcoe Road

The mid-block building located at 47/49 Simcoe Road was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Originally, there was a long, one-storey, frame house located at this site. It had a verandah on the northwest side, a picket fence along the street, a large barn on the south side of the house, a garden at the back and it was the home of Lew McConkey Sr. (a grain and seed merchant), his wife, and son. Lew had an office on the north side of Holland Street. New owner Paul Sadlon had Len Saint build a garage and a storage building at the back. Paul and his wife were market gardeners. Their son owned Bruce Sadlon Motors. The house was later converted into two apartments. Jack Gibney and his wife (Sadie Copeland) and their three daughters (Doris, Joyce and Muriel) lived here at one time. He was a horse trainer and worked for Dick Crake for many years. Jack replaced Alfred Payne (a bachelor who lived at the Queen’s Hotel). The current duplex was built on the same property after the house was demolished. Harold Gwyn, owner of a plumbing and heating business, was the owner of this newer building at the time this photo was taken in 1996.
The two-storey, four-bay, semi-detached house has a rectangular plan, a formal, symmetrical façade, and a medium-pitched, gable roof that has a central chimney (not original). Slightly-raised, separated, side-hall entrances are located at either end of the façade. This gives greater privacy than paired entrances, but it places habitable rooms along the party wall. The doors are set into plain, rectangular openings and are not original. There are large window openings with low floor to ceiling heights. Equal-sized, ground-floor and second-floor windows (not original) with high sills are set into plain, rectangular openings. The openings have plain, wood frames and sills. Similar window openings above the entrance doors may have once existed and then been covered. The building has wood frame construction with vinyl siding (not original), a cut- stone foundation, and a basement. According to the 2000 inventory, few original details remain other than the building’s form. It also notes that the slightly-sagging roof suggests insufficient structural supports in the centre of each house. (1, 2, 3)

Zonder titel

223 Simcoe Road

This two-storey, frame and cement-clad house is located south of the “Y” at 223 Simcoe Road. Mr. Bruce bought this house and the land (which extended south to the town limits and over the canal) many years ago. A marsh laneway ran east and there was a bridge across the canal for the road to the marsh. The lane circled the house and came out on Simcoe Road. There was a large barn east of the entrance to the property. It had a basement for animals and chickens. Albert Readman and his family (Mildred, Albert Jr., Olive, and Tom) lived in this house for a number of years. Mike Kasik (a market gardener) eventually bought the property. Len Saint built a cement garage and a storage building south of the house on the end of the bank and the lane. (1, 2)

Zonder titel

Resultaten 31 tot 40 van 41