- CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH19296
- c. 1890
Part of WEGWHIST Collection
Armson - Wood House on the south half of Lot 5, Concession 7. William Armson came to West Gwillimbury in 1820 and was granted a 200 acre piece of land (Lot 5, Con. 7). The home pictured was built of mud brick by the Armson family. Robert Wood bought it in 1881 and it was still in the Wood family in 2004. This photograph is thought to have been taken around 1890.
Left to Right: Joe Reynolds, Joseph Wood Sr.(Joe's grandfather), Addison with the dog (young child in front), Jean W. (child) with Ada, Robert W. (Joe's father), William Wood (in Mrs. Joseph Wood's arms), Susan Wood (Mrs. Russell Stone), Alex on the horse.