Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Demolished

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Demolished

Equivalent terms

Demolished

Associated terms

Demolished

28 Results for Demolished

28 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

89 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-18
  • Item
  • 1995

This house was once located at 89 John St. West. It was probably built pre-Confederation and it was considered to be one the best examples of the Regency Cottage style of building in Bradford. The one-storey, stucco, square building had an additio...

Janice Hopkins

9 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The building seen in this photo (from 1995) was once located on the north side at 9 John St. West. It was a long, one-storey, frame house with a verandah on the south side and a small porch on the east side (facing Barrie Street). Dick Crake and h...

Janice Hopkins

Convent demolition

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-2016-12-19-08
  • Part
  • 1994-08

Photograph of the Convent demolition

Bill Marks

Convent demolition

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-2016-12-19-09
  • Part
  • 1994-08

Photograph of the Convent demolition

Bill Marks

End of an era, in town...

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-PH26626
  • Item
  • 2005-10-08

Description : Bats in the tower, a bottle of wine tucked in behind the dated cornerstone, mould and dry rot in the rafters... that's what the Priestly Demolition crews found, as they demolished the old St. John's Presbyterian Church on John St. We...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times

Going, going, gone

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Police-Polic-2017-04-19-08
  • Item
  • 2009-07-02

Article containing photographs on the demolition of the old South Division police station at 45 Holland Street East on June 24-26, 2009.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times

Hydro Sub. John E./Nelson St.

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-06
  • Item
  • 1995-1996

The first hydro substation in Bradford was located on Nelson St. (south of John St. East). It was built in 1916 (or 1918) by Tom and Len Saint on a small piece of property owned by the foundry on Holland Street. (1, 2) Please contact the Bradford ...

Janice Hopkins

Old convent demolished

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-2016-09-12-11
  • Item
  • 1994-08-03

"It's graced Barrie Street for over 118 years, but last week, the "Old Convent" met the fate it had evaded for so long and fell to the wreckers. Built in 1876, as the home of attorney and Reeve of Bradford, John MacLean Stevenson, it was one of th...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times

Van Voorst - Armstrong House Demolition

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2017-03-21-21
  • Item
  • 2006

This series of photographs depicts the demolition of the Van Voorst-Armstrong house on Line 6, next to Bradford Valley Nursing Home. Dave Chambers (of Bond Head) used some of the bricks from this site for an outdoor fireplace. See related descript...

Van Voorst - Armstrong House Demolition

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2017-03-21-21-2017-03-21-22
  • Part
  • 2006

This series of photographs depicts the demolition of the Van Voorst-Armstrong house on Line 6, next to Bradford Valley Nursing Home. See related descriptions "No heritage designation for ca. 1850s home" for more information.

Results 11 to 20 of 28