Level of description
Extent and medium
Media Type : Newspaper Article
Physical Description :
Circa : 1986
Author Creator :
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Community : Bradford West Gwillimbury
Description : Local Lawyers Given Plaques by Province
Prominent local lawyers Charles and Brock Evans were presented with plaques from the Ontario government by local MPP Earl Rowe.
Charles Evans was honored for his 60th anniversary of his call to the bar, and his brother Brock was similarly honored for his 52 years in practice.
The law firm on Holland Street has existed on its present site since 1894, when the Evans father T.W.W. Evans, opened his practice.
The elder Evans grew up on a farm about five miles from Bradford in West Gwillimbury. His mother was born and grew up in Bradford.
Both parents taught school in Bradford, and then moved to Toronto while Mr. Evans attended Osgoode Hall Law School.
Of their seven children, three of six boys became lawyers and the girl married a lawyer.
Charles Evans graduated Osgoode Hall in 1926 and joined his father's practice, at the time of the Holland Marsh Reclamation project.
Eventually, Brock Evans left his Toronto practice to join his brother and father in Bradford about 30 years ago.
Charles' sons Tom and then Bob later joined the firm, to bring to four the number of Evans' in the firm Evans and Evans.