Event Date : Saturday, November 09, 1957
Event Type : Death
Description : George Edward Cave, who lived the majority of his almost 81 years of life in this district, passed away suddenly on the street in Bradford on Saturday, November 9. Mr. Cave had suffered a very slight stroke over a year ago, from which he appeared to make a perfect recovery, and there was no indication before his death that he was not enjoying good health. Born in Melanchon Township, the late Mr. Cave came to Newton Robinson district with his parents at an early age, and grew up in that district. In 1900 he married Miss Ida Richardson, the ceremony taking place in Bond Head Anglican Church. For a number of years Mr. and Mrs. Cave farmed near Bond Head before coming to Bradford where they operated a dairy. Over twenty-five years ago they sold their dairy interests to Cousins Dairies, and shortly afterward they moved to Holland Street West, where they have lived a retired life. Mr. and Mrs. Cave had one daughter, Violet, who died some twenty years ago. Mrs. Cave survives her husband. Also surviving is one brother, Elwood Cave of Alliston. Four brothers and three sisters predeceased him, namely, Silas Cave, Humprey Cave, Mary (Mrs. Fred Westlake), Emma (Mrs. John Kidd), Lyman, Norval, and Lillian (Mrs. Charles Johnston). The deceased was an Anglican in early life but in recent years had attended the Presbyterian Church. He was a member of the Orange Lodge. The funeral was held on Tuesday afternoon from the Lathangue-Kilkenny Funeral Home. Interment was in Mount Pleasant Cemetery. The funeral services were conducted by Rev. C. R. P. Hearn of Bond Head and Rev. MacLarnon of Toronto, formerly of Bradford.The pallbearers were Fred C. Cook, Robert Brown, Fred Gregory, Gregory Semenuk, Frank Allen and Seward Lee.