Railroad / Railway

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Equivalent terms

Railroad / Railway

Associated terms

Railroad / Railway

64 Archival description results for Railroad / Railway

15 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

1 and 3 Holland Street East

The building located at 1 Holland St. East (on the northeast corner of Holland and Barrie Streets) is part of what is known as the Green Block. The structure was originally owned by Mr. Green, who lived with his family on the west side of Church St. in the hotel. The Masonic Hall is still found upstairs at this location in 2014. (1, 2)
Many businesses have been located at 3 Holland St. East (on the northeast corner of Holland and Barrie Streets) over the years. They include a grocery store, a boot and shoe shop (run by Charlie Wilson), an insurance company (that was later run by Fred Cook), a delivery service for C.N.R. (first by horse and buggy, then later by Model T Ford), a hamburger stand (run by Harold ‘Butch’ Boyd), and a telephone office. The first private telephone came to Bradford in 1885 and was run by a number of businessmen. There were ten phones only for Bradford. A garage was later added at the back at the laneway for trucks and cars. (1, 2)

George Jackson

Bradford Train Station - Barry Schroeder

The Local History Department received a digital donation of photographs and artifacts from Barry Schroeder on December 7, 2016, to include in our database. Barry is a train enthusiast and has collected numerous items relating to the stations of the area, namely the Bradford Train Station.

Barry Schroeder

Results 1 to 10 of 64