Item OS8523 - Bond Head School S.S #5 opens

Open original Digital object

Identity area

Reference code



Bond Head School S.S #5 opens


  • 1954 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

Newspaper article

Context area

Name of creator

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

New Bond Head School, 1954.
Upper caption reads, "The New S.S. 5 West Gwillimbury building at Bond Head is a marked contrast with the old school, which can be seen behind at left. The old building was in continuous use for 80 years. In 1908, the roof blew off and had to be replaced with a new one. The new one-classroom school is of rug brick and has an aluminum roof and large windows all along the side facing the road. The first sod was turned on Thanksgiving Day and the new school, built by Contractor Wilfrid Halbert of Thornton, was moved into at the beginning of February. D.A. Lapp, public school inspector for South Simcoe, officially opened the building."

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres