Historic buildings

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Historic buildings

Equivalent terms

Historic buildings

Associated terms

Historic buildings

57 Archival description results for Historic buildings

57 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Bradford Medical

This house still sits on the corner of Holland Street East and Bingham Street.

Bradford Model School, 1877-1951

The Bradford Model School pictured was constructed in 1878 to replace a previous building destroyed by fire.
Mr. Frank Wood was the first principal in 1878.
It was established by Simcoe County Council for the training of teachers, and by 1907, 496 teachers were trained there.
Upon the discontinuance of Model training in Ontario, the building continued to be Bradford Public School until the new Bradford Public School was erected in 1951. The Model School was located east of the present school.
It consisted of three rooms downstairs, and two large ones upstairs. It was made of brick, and was heated by two coal furnaces.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Bradford Presbyterian Church

The Bradford Presbyterian Church was opened in January, 1894. This picture was taken when the first trees planted had reached this height, around 1911-1915.

Donald McGugan

Bradford T.V. and Furniture

Located on Holland St. West. It was originally a private residence. George Sadovchuk of Bradford owned this building. It has since been demolished.

Dorothy Cilipka

Bradford Witness on Barrie Street

The Bradford Witness was the local newspaper. It was first published on February 20, 1879 by Mr. E. Garrett. He was born in Hampshire, England, but settled in Bradford with his parents when he was only one year old in 1856. Before starting The Witness, he worked for Mr. Broughton who published the South Simcoe News, another Bradford newspaper. The fire of 1892 destroyed the offices of The Witness, and the two papers amalgamated, with E. Garrett as proprietor.

Brief History of Nantyr School

A brief History of Nantyr school, the early settlers established a hamlet at the corner of sideroad twenty and concession seven in the Township of INNISFIL. It was called Wesley. This name was later changed to Nantyr by Colonel Tyrwhitt after his home town in Wales. He was the Member of Parliament for South Simcoe. In its most flourishing days the hamlet had a church, school, post office and saw mill. All except the school have long since ceased to exist. In the early days, education of the children was one of the many problems. This was solved by what was known as a home class. Mr. Spillett was its first master and ruled with an iron hand, making frequent use of the beech rod. His salary reached a maximum of four hundred and fifty dollars per annum during his tenure of twenty-three years. By 1954 due to increased population in the Alcoa Beach area, it was found necessary to build a school there. It is known as Alcoa School.

Jean Warrington

Buildings & Architecure F-L

Contains articles and clippings related to the buildings and architecture of Bradford West Gwillimbury, from F-L

Joe Saint

Buildings & Architecure L-Z

Contains articles and clippings related to the buildings and architecture of Bradford West Gwillimbury, from L-Z

Joe Saint

Results 11 to 20 of 57