Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms


Equivalent terms


Associated terms


5 Archival description results for Restoration

5 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Mural restored for Bradford's Sesquicentennial

"Councillor Peter Dykie Jr. has been busy, helping to spruce up Bradford for the Sesquicentennial celebration this year. In particular, he has made it his project to raise the funds to restore the Town's murals, in time for the 150th Anniversary - starting with the historic mural on Holland St. Eact, painted by artist Bill Lewotchko to commemorate the 200th anniversary of Yonge St..."

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times

Old time service

"The Auld Kirk, a historical church located at the Scotch Settlement will be the scene of an old time church service Sunday, June 22 at 3:00 p.m. The service is being jointly arranged by the Barrie Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church and the Simcoe Presbytery of the United Church. The Auld Kirk is on the 6th line of West Gwillimbury Township south of Highway 88 at the Scotch Settlement. The outdoor service will be led by Rev. Henry Dahlin, minister of Bond Head United Church and Chairman of the Simcoe Presbytery. Also participating in the service will be Rev. Ken Purdon, minister of Burton Ave. United Church in Barrie and Rev. Ed MacDonald, minister of the Presbyterian Church in Orillia and moderator of Barrie Presbytery. The guest preacher will be Rev. W. Stanford Reid, Professor of History at the University of Guelph.
The Auld Kirk's beginnings go back to 1823 when a log church was built by the settlers of the Scotch Settlement. In 1827, a frame church was built and the original log building was moved and used as a school until 1840. The present Auld Kirk building was erected in 1869 at a cost of $1,000. Due to a dwindling population the church was closed in 1885 and for some years fell into disrepair. In 1912, it required a new roof. In 1953, the restoration of the cemetery was started and in 1958 restoration work began on the church."

Bradford Witness

S.S. No. 6 School

The first S.S. #6 School was moved to the Church farm where it functioned as a barn until it was obtained by the Chambers family and moved to Bond Head where it was restored and today is used as a carpentry shop operated by the family.

The Convent restoration crew

Remodelling of the Convent when Mr. Oscar Lukes moved into it. Pictured are: Peters, Lorne Church, Oscar Lukes, Gib Lukes, Tom Saint, Len Saint, Bill Davey, Fred Collings

Yonge Street and Sesquicentennial Mural

The mural of Yonge Street's 200th anniversary restored for Bradford's Sesquicentennial (150th Anniversary).
"After: From left, sponsor Larry Timbers of Home Depot, Mayor Doug White, Councillor Peter Dykie Jr., Artist Bill Lewotchko, and assistant Rick Mackay (Home Depot) in front of restored mural."

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times