Item PH27006 - Simcoe Manor's new wing officially opens

Open original Objeto digital

Zona de identificação

Código de referência

CA BWGPL GJ-SB 75-PH27006

Título

Simcoe Manor's new wing officially opens

Data(s)

  • 1975-06-04 (Produção)

Nível de descrição

Item

Dimensão e suporte

Newspaper Article

Zona do contexto

Nome do produtor

História biográfica

Nome do produtor

História biográfica

Nome do produtor

História biográfica

História do arquivo

Fonte imediata de aquisição ou transferência

Zona do conteúdo e estrutura

Âmbito e conteúdo

"The official opening of the new wing of the Simcoe Manor in Beeton will be held Wednesday, June 4. The new wing will have 100 beds, a library, boardroom, married quarters, barber shop, billiard room, beauty shop, craft room, auditorium, chapel, greenhouse and therapeutic pool. The wing, which cost over one and a half million dollars will also be used for those who have suffered from strokes and arthritis. The therapy will include messages, heat treatments, and exercises with parallel bars and exercise machines. The new auditorium will hold 200 people and if that is not enough room, the chapel will open to accommodate more. Simcoe Manor was originally opened in 1898 and was called the "House of Refuge". It was a place for transient people as well as those who were not able to take care of themselves and with no one who could take care of them. At that time, the institution had 250 acres of farm land that was worked by those who resided at the "House". In 1952 an addition was built and the name was changed from "House of Refuge" to Simcoe Manor as it is known today. Past conceptions of the building locally known as the "poor house" to the present image as a home for the aged. Now it is a Senior Citizen's Home. The present wing was started in 1973 although it was planned in the early 1970's. The original building was demolished to make room for the new building. Gone with the old section are the old images. Under the management of Ed Boynton, 65 full and part-time staff take care of the 125 residents. Also there for the senior citizens are four new color televisions as well as the new facilities."

Avaliação, selecção e eliminação

Ingressos adicionais

Sistema de arranjo

Zona de condições de acesso e utilização

Condições de acesso

Condiçoes de reprodução

Idioma do material

  • inglês

Script do material

Notas ao idioma e script

Características físicas e requisitos técnicos

Instrumentos de descrição

Bradford Witness
June 4, 1975
Vol. 109, No. 23
Pg 2

Microfilm Collection
Microfilm Reel #87

Zona de documentação associada

Existência e localização de originais

Existência e localização de cópias

Unidades de descrição relacionadas

Descrições relacionadas

Zona das notas

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso - Nomes

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo da descrição

Identificador da descrição

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Estatuto

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão, eliminação

Línguas e escritas

Script(s)

Fontes

Objeto digital (Mestre) zona de direitos

Objeto digital (Referência) zona de direitos

Objeto digital (Icone) zona de direitos

Zona da incorporação

Assuntos relacionados

Pessoas e organizações relacionadas

Géneros relacionados