Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Item 2016-07-11-02 - Coulson's Hill

Identity area

Reference code

CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-2016-07-11-02

Title

Coulson's Hill

Date(s)

  • 2016 (Creation)
  • 1822 (Creation)

Level of description

Item

Extent and medium

Photograph

Context area

Name of creator

Amanda Gallagher

Biographical history

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Coulson's Hill

The hamlet of Coulson's Hill was named after the Coulson family who settled here in 1822. They donated the land for the two church properties and cemeteries. The Anglican church was built in 1854, the Presbyterian church in1857. The hamlet was the home for a hotel, stagecoach shop, a blacksmith shop and an Orange Hall.

circa 1822

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Yonge Street and Line 11, southwest corner of the intersection. Continue along Line 11 to the west for the two churches mentioned.

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Name access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Digital object metadata

Media type

Image

Mime-type

image/jpeg

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area